Wednesday, September 30, 2015


While rummaging through the stacks of my stored paintings recently at Stone Lion Studio, I unearthed the portrait (below) of my mentor, the late, great Marvin Triguba of Lancaster, Ohio. This painting already dates back to the end of last century.  As I like to tell people: "This is a portrait of the guy who taught me how to paint like this." I had the good fortune to be able to study with this gentleman for about 10 years.  He had a wonderful painting pedagogy, and I think if one followed his advice precisely, the chances of painting successfully were very good, indeed. I still attend a weekly painting group in Lancaster which is a legacy of what Marvin (and his wife, Anne) started,  with many of the painters present also being Marvin's former students.





No comments:

Post a Comment